Yellow Pages, or better known as "YP", requires a developer API key. The key is also restricted to a domain. At this time, only the US version of Yellow Pages (yellowpages.com) provides access to an API.
[bne_testimonials_api source="yp" id="yp-page-id" limit="2"]The same API can be used with the
[bne_testimonials_badge]shortcode by setting
api="true"as an option.
4.6 Stars - Based on 10 User Reviews
[bne_testimonials_badge api="true" source="yp" id="yp-page-id"]
How to get a YP API Key
To get a key, follow the below steps:
- Go to the YP.com Publishing Center website and sign up for an account here. You’ll receive an email shortly thereafter with a link to confirm your new account. Click on that and your account will be activated and you can login to create your API Key.
- After you’re logged in, click on the “Site & Apps” tab at the top. From there you’ll see a table that will eventually list the Apps you’ve created. At the moment, it’s empty. So go to the far right and click on the blue “Add a Site/App Key” button.
- Fill out the form with information specific to the website that you’ll be posting your Yellow Pages Reviews on with our widget. It’s important that you use the exact url, so double-check in your “Settings > General” whether your domain is with “www” or not.
- Once you’ve hit “Save & Continue you’ll have all the information you need. The item called “Site/App API Key” is what you need for our widget to work correctly.
- Now log into your WordPress site and go to “Testimonials > Help > API”. There you’ll see a field at the top of the page under to paste you Yellow Pages API Key into. Paste it there and hit “Save Changes” and you’re done!